Have you got unwanted hair and tired of shaving or waxing then Electrolysis hair removal is the only method approved by the FDA for PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL. IPL and Laser under FDA can only be classed as a Hair Reduction. Electrolysis can be used on anyone despite their skin or hair color because it attacks the hair follicle itself, and not the pigment in the hair. So it does not matter if you are blonde, grey, redhead or African, Asian, Indian or European electrolysis hair removal is safe and affordable treatment for hair removal.
How Does Electrolysis Hair Removal Work?
An electric current is applied with a very fine needle-shaped electrode, or metal probe into each hair follicle to destroy the root. There are three types of electrolsys
- Galvanic. the original electrolysis modality, is applied via direct current, resulting in a chemical change of salt and water to lye surrounding the hair follicle.
- Thermolysis. Also known as radio- or high-frequency, uses alternating current to provide heat in the follicle.
- Blend. A combination of the Galvanic and Thermolyisi, so that a chemical and heating action occur together or sequentially in the follicle.
Due to the importance that the hair that is being removed is in the Anagen stage – Growth phase of the cycle it therefore does require multiple sessions to achieve best possible results.
- It has the best track record. Electrolysis has the best overall results, versus any other method, in ridding hair for long periods of time- or even permanently.
- Many different hair and skin types can benefit. Because it doesn’t target hair pigment like laser and IPL, but attacks the follicle itself. It is very rare that a person unable to get electrolysis.
- Multiple treatments are needed. You have to truly be committed to electrolysis because you will need anywhere from 15 – 30 sessions, which will take up a considerable amount of your time. But then again so is waxing, shaving or any other hair remove system. You will benefit for many years.
- It can be expensive. This service will cost approximatly $45 for 15-20 mins which is similar to IPL and Laser cost.
- Choosing a experience therapist. As with any advance treatments ensure your therapist is skilled in Electrolysis Hair Removal to ensure that the treatment is carried out to prevent skin discoloration or scaring.
Everyone has their own tolerance to pain. Electrolysis has been likened to a stinging and pricking sensation, and each follicle has to go through it. I like to ensure the comfort of my patients so I use topical anesthetic as it makes it much more pleasant for them and they relax enabling the procedure to proceed easily and faster.
If you are interested in having electrolysis please contact me to make an appointment for a free consultation.