This question is often asked as with this question “Does it matter if I skip some of the skincare products?”. – Short answer: Yes! As I explain in this post, I will explain what your skin care routine should look like and what order you should be applying your skincare products.
Simple Skincare Steps.
- Cleanser – This is a skincare staple and should never be missed. We should double cleansing morning and night as per the blog. Cleanse Correctly for Great Skin
- Exfoliant – If you’re just starting out, a gentle exfoliant (with soft beads/granules) should be used between once to twice a week. Exfoliation is great to get a deeper cleanse to remove dead skin cells and stubborn debris. Plus it will unblock clogged pores to reduce breakouts. Never over exfoliate, listen to your skin – if once is enough and stop there. Over exfoliation will cause the skin to become dry, breakout and sensitive.
- Face Mask – A face mask is recommended for use between once to twice a week straight after you have exfoliated. Depending on our skin type and special condition, the type of mask you require will differ from person to person. Ask your therapist, which home care mask, what would be the best for you.
- Toner – As per last weeks blog “Tone the little black Dress” (http://www.debraspence.com/toner-the-little-black-dress-of-cosmetics/) this product is very important. On the days that you are exfoliating and using a mask the toner is used after the mask. For the rest of the week always use after cleaning.
- Serum – This is the time that you use your specialized prescribed serums that are working on your skin concerns. Specialized peptides and vitamin serums are formulated to combat pigmentation, wrinkles, acne, glaciations, collagen and elastin booster. Spend some time with your skin therapist to be prescribing the correct serum for you. Serums are the heroes in your routine – they will feed your skin the ingredients it needs to improve. Some serums is design for day use and others are for evening like vitamin A as will make your skin light sensitive and will make your skin react more easily to the sun and activate your pigmentation.
- Eye and Lash Creams and Serums. As stated above these products are the hero, they will improve you skin and reduce premature aging. They are specially formulated for the eye area. Zen DeJour lash and brow growth serum will help the appearance of the length and amount of lashes and brows. The Zen DeJour Eye Plus will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles plus help your lashes.
- Moisturizer – This is your front line defense against dehydration and dry skin plus protects your skin for the environmental factors of the world. Your day moisturizer should be light to so that it allows your makeup adhere to and not make it “slide of the face” where as the evening moisturizer should be full of nourishment so that while you sleep it will work hard to reduce the damage from the days environment and activity has unleashed on the skin.
- Sunscreen – day only – In order to prevent both UVA and UVB damage, ensure you use a ‘broad spectrum’ sunscreen. I always recommended sunscreen with zinc as it reflects the sun harmful rays instead of absorbing the rays.
Remember skincare is to cleanse, feed and protect your skin and it is important that you use in the correct order to ensure maximum affect of each product.