Tontouring contouring with fake tan lotion, is not new to Body builders who has been using this technique to highlight their muscle definition for competition and photo shots for many years but is the latest makeup trend this summer. Tontouring the face is the application of using self-tanner instead of contouring foundation to create a more sculpted, and naturally bronzed, glowing look. Perfect for summer when at the beach or enjoying the outdoor activities and entertaining. There is a fight over who come up with this in the makeup industry but anyone that has been part of the bodybuilding industry truly owns the concept, the one makeup artist that launched this into the public sphere is ccclarkebeauty via her Instagram using Coco Brown tanning solutions.
How do I create Tontouring that will look natural and last up-to 7 days
- Cleanse and exfoliate the skin this make sure that you will have a long lasting and even application.
- Apply a light coat of self-tanner that match you Décolletage, ensuring the product is applied evenly, from the forehead to the collarbone.
- Allow the face to dry for 1 hour to allow the color to fully develop.
- Then using a dry firm makeup brush of your choose (a stipple brush and a contouring brush) dabbed in a darker tanning shade than your original shade. Apply small amount close to the hairline and softly blend out to create the illusion of a shadow
- Without re-dipping into the tanning lotion swept into the sides of the nose
- Re-dip the bush and now create a soft contour in the hollow of the blending to ensure that you do not end up with GT stripes which Wayne Goss did in his video – TONTOURING TUTORIAL! (CONTOURING WITH FAKE TAN!) I KID YOU NOT!
- Moisturize regularly – minimum night and morning this helps maintain the tan and more even fading of the colors.
Just like any contouring technique blending is the key. LESS IS MORE. The aim is to look sun-kissed and natural not like a brown clown. When done well it’s great as the look lasts up to 7 days. If you do stuff up you can use fake tan remover, which may be a little hash on the face especially if you have sensitive skin. You can exfoliate but do not over exfoliate the skin to remove the Tontouring as this can strip the skin of essential oils that can lead to more skin problems than something that can be covered until it fades. Enjoy Summer with a natural glow.