I have just finished reading the book “French Women Don’t Get Facelifts by Mireille Guiliano” It was a birthday gift from my parents. My dad thought it was quiet amusing. I have always said I would get a facelift – well more a neck lift due to my family’s DNA of producing turkey necks. Not a great look and is very aging especially when only in your forties.
Mireille Guiliano book promise to delivery the secret of aging with style and attitude.
Her tips are simple
- Feed yourself with healthy food
- Drink water
- Look after your body mind and sole. – Keep balance
- Collect a social group around you that is a mixture of young and young at heart.
- Ask yourself if you’re portraying to others the correct image of yourself via the clothes, shoes, hair, nails and makeup.
I have traveled the world and have to admit the attitude of Europe to aging is very different to America and Australia. It is not your chronological age that matters It is your attitude to life your passion and your energy. When it comes to anti-aging French women are more into lotions and potions and less into facelifts.
When reading the various suggestions that Mireille believes will help you age with style and attitude one of her tips is that cleansing your skin as one of the most important steps a woman can do daily to keep the skin health and young teamed with a great moisturizer. I totally agree with her here.
Mireille Guiliano also believes that you should have a minimum of 2 professional facials a year as a way to give your skin a revamp and boost. I personally and professionally belief you should have at lease one facial at the change of each season and if you can afford it more like every 4 to 6 weeks. A professional facial has the below amazing benefits.
- Facials allow you to relax and healing to the soul.
- Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin to facilitate the renewal skin cells.
- Facials manipulating the lymphatic system reducing toxins underneath the skin that can cause puffiness, ruddiness, and fluid
- Facials will help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production to prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
- Facials will give you a much deeper level of a cleanse. Often times left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris.
- Facials provide deeper exfoliation that removes dead skin cells revealing a smoother skin plus allows for great penetration of products nutrients and antioxidants and improves skin ability to inceasing hydration pumping up the skin and reducing wrinkles.
- Facials will help even skin tone and lighten dark spots.
- The final benefit it allow for professionally trained esthetician to advise you on the proper products you should be using at home and recommend any changes that you need to incorporate as your skin ages.
Mireille Guiliano avocated looking at high end anti aging treatments like, Chemical peels, Microdermabrassion, Photorejuvenation (IPL), RF skin tightening (thermage) before heading to botox and facelifts. I agree with her especially now that I have just started a course of Fractional RF skin resurfacing and RF skin tightening treatments at Embellish You, I can defiantly say I can put off that neck lift for another couple of years.
Going by this book I am not even half way through my life.
Will I end up having a facelift/neck life??? Maybe/Maybe not.
I do enjoy oysters
“Read the book”